Bonkers (Originally titled Toon Cop) is an animated show by Walt Disney Television Animation that ran on the Disney Afternoon from February 28, 1993 to February 23, 1994. It starred cartoon star Bonkers D. Bobcat who became a toon cop. The show consisted of a 4 sets of three shorts, as well as 20 episodes with Bonkers as a cop working with Miranda Wright and 41 episodes where he was partnered with Lucky Piquel which was produced last and treated as a prequel.
Despite inspiration by Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, the series wasn't conceived as a Roger Rabbit show.
The following Gargoyles cast members appeared in Bonkers. They are listed in alphabetical order.
- Ed Asner - Gramps
- Jeff Bennett - Jitters A. Dog and Roderick Lizzard
- Gregg Berger - Mr. McScam and Pelican
- S. Scott Bullock - Skunky Skunk, Mr. Big, Gentlemen Ben Butterman and Toon Pencil
- Jesse Corti - March Hare
- Jim Cummings - Bonkers D. Bobcat, Lucky Piquel and Darkwing Duck
- Pat Fraley - Bucky Buzzsaw
- Matt Frewer - Additional voices
- Dorian Harewood - Mac
- Robert Ito - Sgt. Tetsuo
- Tress MacNeille - Cheryl Germ and Mrs. Kanifky
- Rob Paulsen - Hokey Pig and Zoom
- Roger Rose - Additional voices
- Cree Summer - Alto
- B.J. Ward - Hilde
- Frank Welker - Fall-Apart Rabbit
- April Winchell - Dyl Piquel
Jamie Thomason was the talent coordinator for episodes 1, 3-11, 13-61 and 63-65.
Carl Johnson was the composer for episodes 4-10, 12, 14-15, 20-21, 25-26, 28-36, 38-39, 41, 45, 48-49, 55-58 and 61.
Vic Cook was the storyboard artist for episodes 7, 9, 16, 37-39, 46 and 63.
Marc Perlman was the dialogue editor for episodes 62-64, and music editor for episodes 29, 36, 38, 42, 45, 49-51, 53, 57-59 and 63-34.
Saburo Hashimoto was a director for episodes 2, 16, 19-20, 26 and 29. He was also animation director for episodes 1, 5-6, 13, 21, 28, 33 and 41.
Greg Guler did the prop design for episodes 2, 7, 9, 32, 35, 37, 39 and 65.
Bob Kline was the character designer for episode 39 and 64, as well as storyboard artist for the latter.
Gary Sperling was the writer for "A Wooly Bully", "Comeback Kid" and "O Cartoon! My Cartoon!"
References to Bonkers in Gargoyles
- While Bonker's relationship with Miranda was platonic, the dynamic was similar to Goliath and Elisa Maza.
- Vinnie's decision to use a banana cream pie as his ammo for Mr. Carter was based off a running gag of which pie was the funniest to get hit by from the episode "The Toon That Ate Hollywood". ("Vendettas")