Avalon World Tour
Because Avalon's magic sends one where one needs to be rather than where one wants to go, Goliath and Company visited a number of distant places before finally reaching Manhattan again. Despite numerous opportunities to go directly back to New York City, the travelers felt that their journey was fated and chose to see it through to the end.
The World Tour began with Goliath, Elisa and Bronx arriving on Avalon on December 28, 1995 and leaving with Angela shortly thereafter. Following is a list of locations they visited and the dates in which they first arrived there:
- Wyvern Hill on January 1, 1996. ("Shadows of the Past")
- Queen Florence Island on January 3, 1996. ("Heritage")
- Loch Ness on January 16, 1996. ("Monsters")
- Prague on January 19, 1996. ("Golem")
- Paris on January 21, 1996. ("Sanctuary")
- London on January 23, 1996. ("M.I.A.")
- Egypt on January 25, 1996. ("Grief")
- Ireland on January 27, 1996. ("The Hound of Ulster")
- Australia on May 1, 1996. ("Walkabout")
- Nigeria on May 16, 1996. ("Mark of the Panther")
- Norway on May 19, 1996. ("Eye of the Storm")
- New Olympus on May 22, 1996. ("The New Olympians")
- Guatemala on May 24, 1996. ("The Green")
- Rapa Nui (a.k.a. Easter Island) on June 10, 1996. ("Sentinel")
- Ishimura on June 14, 1996. ("Bushido")
- Arizona on June 16, 1996. ("Cloud Fathers")
- Tibet on June 18, 1996. ("Reunion")
- Final visit to Avalon on July 4th, 1996. ("Ill Met By Moonlight")
- Back in Manhattan on July 9th, 1996. ("The Gathering Part One")
The larger gaps in time during the World Tour were generally due to short stays on Avalon and the difference in the passage of time between there and the real world.  In the process of the Tour, Goliath and his companions made contact with heroes around the world, the clans dwelling in London, Guatemala, and Ishimura, encountered a number of Oberon's Children, learned of the existence of New Olympians and extra-terrestrial life forms, and locked swords with many of their old foes (including the ghost of Hakon, Sevarius, the Xanatos Goon Squad, Demona, Thailog, the Pack, and Xanatos himself). By the end of the World Tour, some old foes became new friends; Goliath is on friendly terms with Macbeth following their encounter in Paris and the World Travelers witnessed Dingo's decision to be a hero in Australia. Goliath even had a chance to forgive the Captain of the Guard.
Additionally, Demona and Macbeth were sent to France because of Thailog, and to confront each other once more.
King Arthur Pendragon traveled to an unspecified location which after he returned to Avalon and considered staying. Arthur decided to resume his World Tour which ended in London as demonstrates with his skiff sinking into the water. ("Pendragon")
The same happened again when Goliath, Elisa, Bronx and Angela arrived to Manhattan.
"Avalon Part Two" originally contained a flashback where the Guardian left after the Archmage's attack to arrive in Wyvern only to discover that the castle was moved atop a skyscraper in New York. The scene would follow with Tom praying that Avalon would send him to the city in question to illustrate that Avalon chooses the location of the traveler.